Fudge Pecan Pie
- Pastry for single-crust 9-inch pie
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup pecan halves
- Prepare and roll out pastry. Line a 9-inch pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 inch beyond edge of pie plate. Flute edge high. Line pastry with a double thickness of aluminum foil.
- Bake in a 450 degrees F oven for 8 minutes.
- Remove foil. Bake 4 to 5 minutes more or until pastry is set and dry.
- Remove from oven.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, combine chocolate chips and butter in a medium-size heavy saucepan. Cook and stir over very low heat until chocolate melts; set aside.
- Combine sugar and cornstarch in a large mixing bowl.
- Add eggs and vanilla extract, mixing well.
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk and evaporated milk.
- Gradually stir in melted chocolate.
- Pour into pre-baked pie shell.
- Sprinkle pecans on top.
- Cover edge of pie with foil.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Cover and chill at least 4 hours before serving.
Yield: 10 to 12 servings