Pecan Chocolate Fudge Pie
- 1 cup Graham
- 3/4 cup pecans (about 3.25-ounce package), ground
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 cups pecans (about 8.5 ounce package), chopped
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup shelled pecan halves
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Crust: Mix crumbs, pecans, butter and salt in bowl until combined.
- Press over bottom and up sides of 9-inch pie plate to make firm
- Bake for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from
- Filling: Heat together the condensed milk and salt in heavy-bottomed,
medium-size saucepan over medium heat, stirring, until bubbles just
start to form around edge of pan and mixture begins to steam.
cream and pecans. Bring to a gentle simmer.
- Remove from heat.
in chocolate until melted.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour into crust.
- Let cool on rack to room temperature.
- Refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours or
until cold and firm.
- Topping: Stir together oil, water and sugar in small saucepan. Bring
to a boil.
- Add pecans; stir to coat. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Line baking sheet with foil.
- Pour pecan mixture onto foil. Separate
pecans using 2 forks. Let cool.
- Scatter over pie, and serve with
whipped cream, if desired.
Nutrient Value Per Serving: 537 calories, 43 g fat (14 g saturated),
7 g protein, 37 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 185 mg sodium, 47 mg