Pecan Phyllo Pie
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
sheets Athens Fillo Dough (9 x 14), thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons
- 12 whole pecans
- Powdered sugar to dust
- Whipped cream for garnish
- In large mixing bowl, combine butter, eggs, sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and vinegar,
- Stir in pecans. Set aside.
- To prepare fillo crust, use a 9-inch tart pan. Cut a 9-inch circle out of wax paper and
use it as a pattern to cut through 17 sheets of fillo. Cut through all the layers
of the 17 sheets of fillo.
- Overlap the sheets in the pan, buttering the sheets as you fit them into the
pan. Pour filling over the sheets.
- Take the remaining 3 sheets of fillo, brush lightly
with butter, and cut small triangles to use to decorate the top of the pie.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 50 to 60 minutes until golden brown.
- After pie
cools, garnish with powdered sugar and whipped cream.
Prep Time: 25 Mins
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Total Time: 1 Hour 25 Mins
Recipe used with permission from
Athens Foods. This phyllo recipe and hundreds more can be
found at phyllo.com.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.