Pecan Phyllo Pie
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 2 cups pecans, chopped
sheets Athens Fillo Dough (9 x 14), thawed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons
- 12 whole pecans
- Powdered sugar to dust
- Whipped cream for garnish
- In large mixing bowl, combine butter, eggs, sugar, corn syrup, vanilla and vinegar,
- Stir in pecans. Set aside.
- To prepare fillo crust, use a 9-inch tart pan. Cut a 9-inch circle out of wax paper and
use it as a pattern to cut through 17 sheets of fillo. Cut through all the layers
of the 17 sheets of fillo.
- Overlap the sheets in the pan, buttering the sheets as you fit them into the
pan. Pour filling over the sheets.
- Take the remaining 3 sheets of fillo, brush lightly
with butter, and cut small triangles to use to decorate the top of the pie.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree F oven for 50 to 60 minutes until golden brown.
- After pie
cools, garnish with powdered sugar and whipped cream.
Prep Time: 25 Mins
Cook Time: 1 Hour
Total Time: 1 Hour 25 Mins
Recipe used with permission from
Athens Foods. This phyllo recipe and hundreds more can be
found at phyllo.com.