- 1 1/4 cups granulated or brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 cups vanilla wafers or Graham cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 7 egg whites, unbeaten
- 1 unbaked 9-inch pastry shell
- 1 sliced banana
- Whipped cream
- Combine first seven ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Stir until just blended.
- Pour into pie shell and bake at 375 degrees F for 35 minutes or until filling is set.
- To serve, top each slice with a dollop of whipped cream and a slice of banana.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.