Toasted Coconut, Pecan and Caramel Pie
Yield: two 9-inch pies
- 2 baked 9 inch pie shells
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add coconut and pecans. Toss well, and sauté until coconut is lightly browned.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Add condensed milk and mix until smooth.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread 1/4 of cream cheese mixture into each pastry shell.
- Sprinkle 1/4 of coconut mixture over each pie.
- Drizzle 1/2 of caramel topping over each coconut layer.
- Follow with remaining cream cheese mixture, then remaining coconut mixture.
These pies may be served chilled or frozen.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine 7/12/01 1:51:22 pm.