Vanilla Walnut Pie
This pie is a novel take on two tried and true holiday desserts: pecan pie and
cheesecake. A layer of smooth cream cheese is a perfect complement to the walnuts'
satisfyingly sweet, nutty crunch.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, (from 14.1-ounce package)
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream
- 3 eggs, divided
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 4 teaspoons McCormick®
Pure Vanilla Extract , divided
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter,
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups walnut pieces, toasted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare crust as directed on package for one-crust pie using 9-inch deep
dish pie plate.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 of the eggs, 1/4 cup of the sugar and 1 teaspoon of
the vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended
and smooth. Spread evenly on bottom of crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Beat remaining 2 eggs and 1/2 cup sugar with wire whisk in large bowl until
- Add corn syrup, butter, remaining 3 teaspoons vanilla and salt; stir until
- Sprinkle walnuts evenly over baked cream cheese layer.
- Slowly pour corn syrup mixture over nuts.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes
or until just set in center.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 10 minutes
Yield: 10 servings
Nutritional information (amount per serving) Calories: 510 Sodium: 285mg
Fat: 34g Carbohydrates: 43g Cholesterol: 99mg Protein: 8g Fiber: 2g
Recipe and photograph provided used with permission from