Vanilla Walnut Pie
Vanilla Walnut Pie is a novel take on two tried and true holiday desserts: pecan pie and cheesecake. A layer of smooth cream cheese is a perfect complement to the walnuts' satisfyingly sweet, nutty crunch.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust, (from 14.1 ounce package)
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 eggs, divided
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 4 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract , divided
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups walnut pieces, toasted
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare crust as directed on package for one-crust pie using 9-inch deep dish pie plate.
- Beat cream cheese, 1 of the eggs, 1/4 cup of the sugar and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended and smooth. Spread evenly on bottom of crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Beat remaining 2 eggs and 1/2 cup sugar with wire whisk in large bowl until very smooth.
- Add corn syrup, butter, remaining 3 teaspoons vanilla and salt; stir until well blended.
- Sprinkle walnuts evenly over baked cream cheese layer.
- Slowly pour corn syrup mixture over nuts.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until just set in center.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
Prep: 15 min | Bake: 55 min | Yield: 10 servings
Nutritional information (amount per serving) Calories: 510 Sodium: 285mg Fat: 34g Carbohydrates: 43g Cholesterol: 99mg Protein: 8g Fiber: 2g
Recipe and photo used with permission from: