Walnut Pie with Cream Cheese Crust
Instead of pecan pie, thrill your family and guests with this delicious walnut
pie with a melt-in-your-mouth cream cheese crust.
Cream Cheese Crust
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) salted butter, slightly softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1 cup C&H® Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon Frangelico hazelnut liquor
- 1 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Cream Cheese Crust: Cream butter and cream cheese together.
- Add flour and cinnamon;
mix just until a dough ball has formed (use the dough hook attachment if supplied
with mixer). If the dough is sticky add 1 additional teaspoon of flour at a time
until the dough no longer sticks.
- Press dough into a 9-inch pie pan.
- Chill in refrigerator.
- Walnut Filling: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Beat eggs and brown sugar until well combined.
- Add vanilla extract and Frangelico until everything is blended.
- Add walnuts.
- Bake 45-50 minutes, checking after 30 minutes. The top of the pie will “crack”
and brown and become crispy. To prevent crust from burning, cover with foil for
the last 20 minutes of baking.
- Cool pie and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Take out 30 minutes before serving.
- Sprinkle with C&H® Powdered Sugar.
- Serve with Frangelico flavored whipped cream, if desired.
- Frangelico Whipped Cream: Whip heavy cream in a chilled mixer bowl.
- Add 1 teaspoon of Frangelico to every 4 ounces of whipping cream used. (4 ounces
of heavy cream will yield 1 cup whipped cream.) Whip until peaks form.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
C&H Sugar, Inc. - chsugar.com
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.