Asparagus Tomato Quiche
- 1 (10 inch) pie shell, partially baked
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1/2 cups Half-and-Half
- 2 cups grated Swiss cheese
- 10 fresh asparagus spears, washed and trimmed
- 1 medium tomato, sliced into 4 (1/4 inch) slices
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Beat eggs with next 4 ingredients; stir in cheese.
- Saving 6 asparagus spears for the top, chop the rest into 1 inch lengths; lay on bottom of pie shell.
- Pour in liquid.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and quickly arrange tomato and asparagus on top in a wagon wheel pattern; bake another 20 to 30 minutes.