Yield: 2 quiches
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 8 scallions, chopped
- 2 ripe medium size tomatoes, chopped
- Dash of salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 ripe avocados, sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- 2 (9 inch) deep pie shells
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix sour cream, eggs, and cheese.
- Stir in scallions, tomatoes, and salt and pepper.
- Lay avocados on bottom of pie shells. There should be just enough slices to cover the bottom.
- Pour cheese mixture over avocado slices and spread out evenly.
- Bake until set, golden, and puffy, about 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Top with a spoonful of fresh avocado, tomatoes and scallions.
- Add a dollop of sour cream on top.