Black Walnut Chicken Quiche
- 1 cup finely chopped or pulled cooked chicken
- 2 cups Swiss cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon brown spicy mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup milk or half and half
- 1 cup black walnuts, divided
- 1 baked 9-inch pie crust
- Heat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Toss chicken, cheese, onion and 1/2 cup black walnuts.
- Place in prebaked pie shell.
- Beat the eggs with the milk, mustard, salt and pepper and gently pour over the
chicken/cheese mixture in the pie shell until the liquid reaches the edge of the crust.
- Sprinkle with the remaining black walnuts.
- Bake in the center of oven for 45 minutes or until top is lightly browned and
filling is just set.
Yields: 6 or 8 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Hammons Products Company
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.