Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- 2 cups leftover rice (white or brown)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 pound broccoli (fresh or frozen), cooked until tender but not soft
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups milk, cream or Half-and-Half (whichever you prefer)
- 1 cup mild cheese, grated (such as Monterey Jack, Colby - in any combination)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dash nutmeg or ground mace
- Mix together rice, egg and soy sauce. Spread evenly to cover well-buttered quiche pan or pie plate.
- Bake crust at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven.
- Place broccoli in bottom of crust.
- Mix together eggs, milk, and spices. Pour over broccoli. Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 to 50 minutes, or until knife inserted near center of pie comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes before slicing.
Posted by JBic01 at Recipe Goldmine 8/1/02 9:47:01 am.