Cheesy Bacon Quiche
- 1 1/4 cups Bisquick or Biscuit Baking Mix
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 6 ounces Canadian bacon, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups Half-and-Half
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9 inch pie plate.
- Stir Bisquick or Biscuit Baking Mix and butter until blended. Add boiling water, stir vigorously until soft dough forms. Press dough into bottom and up sides of pie plate, forming edges on rim of pie plate.
- Sprinkle cheese, bacon and onions over crust.
- Beat Half-and-Half and eggs.
- Stir in salt and pepper. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Posted by kdipaolo at Recipe Goldmine June 5, 2001.