Yield: 6 slices
- 1/2 recipe plain pastry or 1 layer pie crust mix for 9 inch pie
- 7 1/2 ounces fresh lump crab meat (shells and cartilage removed)
- 3 ounces Swiss cheese, grated
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups Half-and-Half
- 1/3 cup onion, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Prepare pie crust as directed. Place pastry on the bottom and side of a 9 inch pie pan.
- Over the dough, sprinkle all of crab meat, then all of cheese.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, Half-and-Half, onion, salt and cayenne until blended. Pour mixture over crab meat and cheese.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Place pan on a cookie sheet; set on middle rack in oven.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 300 degrees F.
- Bake 30 minutes more or until knife, when inserted, comes out clean.
- Remove quiche from oven; let cool for 10 minutes.
- Cut and serve warm.