Yield: 6 servings.
- 4 ounces (about 2 cups) fine egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup (4 ounces) chopped cooked lean ham
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup nonfat or low-fat (1%) milk
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- To form crust, press noodles over bottom and up sides of lightly greased deep 9-inch quiche dish or pie plate.
- In small covered saucepan over medium heat, cook peppers and onion in water until peppers are crisp-tender.
- Stir in ham. Sprinkle evenly over noodle crust.
- Beat together eggs, milk and mustard until thoroughly blended. Carefully pour over vegetables and ham.
- Bake in preheated 375 degrees F oven until puffed in center and knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Per serving using nonfat milk: calories 202, total fat 8g, cholesterol 243mg, sodium 344mg, potassium 267mg, carbohydrate 18g, protein 14g, and 10% or more of the RDI for vitamins A, B12, C, riboflavin, thiamin, niacin, iron, phosphorus, zinc
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
American Egg Board