- 4 ounces (about 2 cups) fine egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1 cup chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup (4
ounces) chopped cooked lean ham
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup nonfat or low-fat (1%) milk
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- To form crust, press noodles over bottom and up sides of lightly greased deep
9-inch quiche dish or pie plate.
- In small covered saucepan over medium heat, cook peppers and onion in water until
peppers are crisp-tender.
- Stir in ham. Sprinkle evenly over noodle crust.
- Beat together eggs, milk and mustard until thoroughly blended. Carefully pour
over vegetables and ham.
- Bake in preheated 375 degrees F oven until puffed in center and knife inserted
near center comes out clean, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutrition information per 1/6 recipe using nonfat milk: calories 202, total
fat 8 gm, cholesterol 243 mg, sodium 344 mg, potassium 267 mg, carbohydrate 18 gm,
protein 14 gm, and 10% or more of the RDI for vitamins A, B12, C, riboflavin, thiamin,
niacin, iron, phosphorus, zinc
Reprinted with permission from
the American Egg Board.