Green Chile Quiche
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 5 thin 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 cup sour cream, light or regular
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 1 (7 ounce)
can green chiles, drained and rinsed
- 1 jalapeno chile, seeded and minced (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups grated Monterey
- Chile powder or paprika
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Mist a 13 x 9-inch baking dish or other shallow ovenproof
dish with the olive oil spray.
- If the tortillas are cold and stiff, warm them in the microwave to make them
more pliable. Fit them into the baking dish, overlapping and with at least 2 inches
of the edges sticking up out of the dish. When all the tortillas are fitted into
the dish, mist them with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle evenly with the Parmesan cheese
and bake for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven but leave the oven on.
- Put the sour cream, eggs, 2 of the green chiles, the jalapeno, onion and cilantro
into the bowl of a food processor. Process until well blended. Pour into the pre-baked
- Layer the Monterey jack cheese over the filling and then sprinkle
with a little red chile powder or paprika.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until the filling is set.
- Remove from oven and let cool for at least
- Use a wide spatula to help slide the tortilla quiche out of the dish,
and cut into small pieces.
Serves 6 as part of a brunch buffet.
Per serving: 323 calories, 16 g protein, 28 g carbohydrate, 17 g fat (9 g
saturated), 108 mg cholesterol, 457 mg sodium, 1 g fiber
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.