Ham, Pineapple and Cheddar Quiche
Looking for a classic French breakfast using Bisquick® mix? Then check out this cheesy Ham, Pineapple and Cheddar Quiche that’s baked to perfection.
Prep: 20 min | Total: 1 hr 15 min | Yield: 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/4 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup (4 ounces) finely chopped cooked ham
- 3 medium green onions, sliced (3 tablespoons)
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple tidbits in juice, well drained
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup Half-and-Half
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, cut butter into Bisquick mix, using pastry blender (or pulling 2 table knives through ingredients in opposite directions), until crumbly. Add boiling water; stir vigorously until soft dough forms.
- Press dough on bottom and up side of pie plate, using fingers dipped in Bisquick mix, forming edge on rim of pie plate.
- Sprinkle cheese, ham, onions and pineapple in crust.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs, Half-and-Half and pepper until blended. Pour into crust.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Per serving: Calories 390 (Calories from Fat 240), Total Fat 26g (Saturated Fat 14g, Trans Fat 1 1/2g), Cholesterol 175mg; Sodium 850mg; Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 6g), Protein 18g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15.00%; Vitamin C 2.00%; Calcium 25.00%; Iron 8.00%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 3 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: