Mushroom Crust Cheese Quiche
- 3/4 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
cup finely crushed saltines (12 crackers)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions with tops
- 8 ounces Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sauté mushrooms in 3 tablespoons butter until limp.
- Add saltine crumbs and let
- Spread in buttered 9-inch pie plate and pat down and up sides to form crust.
- Sauté onions in 2 tablespoons butter for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spread over mushroom
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over onions.
- Blend together cottage cheese, eggs
and pepper until smooth.
- Carefully pour in pie plate over cheese. Sprinkle with
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 30 minutes or until knife inserted
in center comes out clean.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.