Mushroom Crust Cheese Quiche
- 3/4 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup finely crushed saltines (12 crackers)
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions with tops
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Sauté mushrooms in 3 tablespoons butter until limp.
- Add saltine crumbs and let cool.
- Spread in buttered 9-inch pie plate and pat down and up sides to form crust.
- Sauté onions in 2 tablespoons butter for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Spread over mushroom crust.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over onions.
- Blend together cottage cheese, eggs and pepper until smooth.
- Carefully pour in pie plate over cheese. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven for 30 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.