Raisin Tarts with Rum Cream
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons very cold butter, cut into 4 pieces
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups 40% gourmet heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- Fresh ground nutmeg
- In work bowl of food processor fitted with steel knife blade, combine
flour and salt.
- Add pieces of butter and pulse on/off until crumb
- With machine running, add milk; process for 20 to
- Shape dough into ball and chill.
- Roll dough out on work
surface; cut into twelve 3 1/2-inch circles. Fit into muffin pan
cups and chill.
- In medium bowl, combine raisins and the 3 tablespoons rum; let stand
for 20 minutes to plump raisins.
- Stir in eggs, brown sugar, melted
butter, and vanilla extract.
- Spoon filling into prepared muffin
- Bake in 425 degree F oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Cool.
- In large mixing bowl, beat together cream, confectioners' sugar,
and the 1/4 cup rum until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe over cooled tarts,
and dust with fresh nutmeg.
Yield: 12 tarts
Source: Show Me St. Louis
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.