Key Lime Popcorn
- 1 teaspoon lime flavoring (optional)
- 1 tablespoons fresh lime juice
tablespoons fresh lime peel
- 1 tablespoon green colored decorator sugar
teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/3 cup graham crackers, coarsely chopped
- 4 tablespoons
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Measure and mix the lime juice, lime peel, sugar, flavoring, salt and graham
crackers in a small bowl. Have this mixture ready next to popper.
- Have bowl ready
- Put oil, popcorn and sugar into the popper. Fasten the lid securely and hold
hot pad with left hand over steam vent while stirring with the right hand. Use high
heat. Popping should start in about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat when popping almost
- Quickly open lid and pour mixture over hot popcorn; then close lid and continue
stirring (no heat) until thoroughly mixed.
- Pour into large bowl, tapping bottom
of pan with hot pad to remove all the popcorn and syrup. Finish stirring with large
- Cool and store in airtight container.