Maple Bacon Popcorn Mix
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2/3 cup pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon maple extract
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line jellyroll pan with foil. Place wire
rack in pan.
- Arrange bacon in single layer on rack.
- Bake for 15 minutes until ends of bacon start to curl.
- Remove and reserve 2 tablespoons of the bacon drippings. Brush bacon with
2 tablespoons of maple syrup; bake for 15 minutes until browned.
- Cool then coarsely chop bacon.
- Combine popcorn, pecans and cranberries in large bowl.
- Combine butter, black pepper, maple extract, remaining 2 tablespoons maple
syrup and reserved bacon drippings. Cook over low heat until butter is melted.
- Drizzle over popcorn mixture and mix thoroughly.
- Spread popcorn mixture in jellyroll or roasting pan.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Toss in bacon pieces.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 2 quarts
Recipe and photo credit:
The Popcorn Board.
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Popcorn Recipes