- 1/4 cup popcorn kernels
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon
pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons coconut, grated
- 4 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pour the popcorn into an already heated hot-air popcorn popper and start popping,
allowing the popped kernels to fall into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat stir the brown sugar, maple syrup and water
until it comes to a boil. Reduce to a thick syrup (soft-ball stage on a candy thermometer).
Test a drop of syrup in cold water. It should form a ball that flattens when removed
and pressed between your fingers.
- Mix in the coconut and almonds.
- Pour the topping
over the popcorn, stirring gently to flavor each kernel.
- Sprinkle with the cinnamon.
As it cools, the topping will harden.
- Before it cools completely, use your fingers
to separate the popcorn kernels.
Source: Culinary Institute of New Orleans
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sweet Popcorn Recipes