Molasses Peanut Popcorn
- 3/4 cup unpopped popcorn
- 1 cup roasted, salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup butter or
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Pop the corn.
- Place popped corn and peanuts in a roasting pan.
- In a saucepan, melt butter or margarine; add molasses and sugar, and bring to
a boil. Boil for 5 minutes.
- Pour mixture over popcorn and peanuts.
- Bake for 15 minutes,
stirring every 5 minutes.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Store in airtight containers. Lasts only a few
Yields 4 quarts.