Amish-Dutch Funnel Cake
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 tablespoon baking powder
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat deep fat to 375 degrees F.
- Beat egg and add milk.
- Sift sugar, flour, salt and baking powder together.
- Add egg and milk mixture and beat until smooth.
- Pour batter into funnel, holding finger over bottom. Allow
batter to run out of funnel into deep fat. Make swirls in fat from center out. Cake
may be made to size wanted.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with confectioners' sugar.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Amish Recipes