Boiled Apple Dumplings
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup diced apples
- 2 (46 fluid ounce) cans apple juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup apple juice and cinnamon, stirring until
- Stir in diced apple.
- Pour all the apple juice into a 4-quart pot with a
tight fitting lid. Bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Drop diced apple mixture by
soup-spoonsful into boiling juice. Cover and let boil 20 minutes. Do not remove
lid during cooking.
- After 20 minutes, remove dumplings from pan; set aside.
- Stir cornstarch into remaining apple juice in pot and cook until thickened.
- Serve over dumplings.
Makes 8 dumplings.