Ground Cherry Pie
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups ground cherries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup clear-jel
- 1 quart water
- Put cherries into saucepan. Add enough water to cover cherries. Add lemon
juice, brown sugar and salt. Bring to a boil.
- Thicken with Clear Jel. Turn down heat and boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add butter. Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Put crust on top and bake at 450 degrees F until golden brown.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.