- 1 3/4 cups milk
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 (3 5/8 ounce) box vanilla flavor pudding pie filling mix (not instant)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 1/2 cups golden seedless raisins
- 1 (9-inch) baked pastry shell
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- In a small saucepan, combine milk and egg yolks; blend well. Stir in pudding
mix. Cook, stirring constantly until mixture comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla extract and allspice. Blend well.
- Fold in raisins; cool.
- Turn mixture into pastry shell; chill thoroughly.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff but not dry. Spoon meringue over pie, making sure
that meringue touches edge of crust.
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 4 to 5 minutes or until meringue is lightly browned.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.