Shaker Lemon Meringue Pie
- 1 cup + 3 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 4 1/2 tablespoons flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon rind
- 1 baked 9-inch pie shell
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix sugar, flour and salt in saucepan; add water.
- Beat egg yolks; add to sugar mixture. Cook over hot water, stirring
until thickened. Cover; cook for 10 minutes.
- Add butter, lemon juice and rind. Pour into pie shell.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form; add 3 tablespoons sugar. Beat
until stiff peaks form.
- Spoon meringue over pie filling.
- Bake until meringue is lighty browned.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.