- 20 small to medium cucumbers, sliced
- 10 onions, sliced and slivered
- 3 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 cup white vinegar
- 1/3 cup salt
- 1 teaspoon alum
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon pickling spice (optional)
- Do not heat vinegar and spices.
- Mix all ingredients and pour over onions and cucumbers in jars.
- Place jars in refrigerator.
- Shake jars once a day for 6 days. Pickles are ready to eat on the 7th
Pickles will keep in the refrigerator for 3 months.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.