Shaker Spoon Bread
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 quart (4 cups) sweet milk
- 3 eggs, separated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Scald milk and add cornmeal gradually. Cook until thick.
- Pour small amount over beaten egg yolks. Return to heat and cook a few
- Add butter and fold in beaten egg whites.
- Add baking powder and salt.
- Pour into greased baking dish and bake at 325 degrees F for 1 1/2
hours, stirring once after the first 15 minutes of baking.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.