Shaker Strawberry Summer Pudding
- 1/2 loaf white bread, sliced
- 1 quart ripe strawberries
- 3/4 to 1 cup sugar (depending on the sweetness of the berries)
- Line a 9-inch square pan with aluminum foil or wax paper.
- Remove the crust from the bread.
- Mash and sweeten strawberries.
- Place the bread slices slices on the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Spoon strawberries over the bread and alternate berries and bread until
pan is filled. Cover with wax paper slightly smaller than the pan. Chill at least 8 hours or overnight.
- To serve, invert on a platter. Top with whipped cream. Scatter fresh
berries on top and around edge.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.