Judy's Spanish Rice
- 1 1/4 cups Minute rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 16 ounces diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup Pace hot Picante sauce or salsa
- 1/4 cup reduced fat Cheddar cheese
- Pepper to taste
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine rice and 1 cup of boiling water; set aside.
- In skillet sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, cook celery, bell pepper and
onion until softened; set aside.
- Brown ground beef, drain fat and add to rice with vegetables, tomatoes with their
liquid, Picante sauce, and pepper. Cook over low heat until warm.
- Transfer to baking dish and add cheddar cheese. Place under broiler to melt cheese.
Posted by JudyinCT at Recipe Goldmine 4/20/02 4:39:14 pm.
Per Serving: 97 Calories; 6g Fat (50.8% calories from fat); 5g Protein; 7g
Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber; 17mg Cholesterol; 62mg Sodium
Exchanges: 1/2 Lean Meat; 1 Vegetable; 1 Fat
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Rice Recipes