Shrimp Fried Rice
What to do with that leftover cooked rice? Shrimp Fried Rice is quick, easy and delicious.
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 cups shrimp, cooked and chopped, or whole small shrimp
- 2 cups cold cooked rice
- 1 cup green onion, chopped (tops also; save some raw for garnish)
- 1/8 cup diced red bell pepper (optional)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Brown shrimp in oil.
- Add rice; brown lightly while stirring. Add onion and bell pepper, if using; cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, soy sauce and salt. Cook, stirring until eggs are set.
- Garnish as desired and serve.
Per serving: Calories: 506kcal Carbohydrates: 76g Protein: 23g Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 243mg Sodium: 1079mg Potassium: 266mg Fiber: 2g Sugar: 1g Vitamin A: 368IU Vitamin C: 7mg Calcium: 149mg Iron: 3mg
Photo credit: jeffreyw on Visual hunt / CC BY