Texas Buttered Pecan Rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped
- 2 to 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- Pecan halves (optional)
- Bring water to boil in medium saucepan.
- Stir in rice and salt.
- Cover tightly
and simmer 20 minutes.
- Stir in butter, lemon juice and pepper.
- Let stand covered until all liquid is
absorbed (about 5 minutes).
- Add pecans and scallions; mix well.
- Garnish with pecan halves, if desired.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.