Irish Breakfast Scones
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 7/8 cup milk
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sieve flour and salt into a bowl. Rub in the butter with your
fingers or a pastry blender. Add the sugar, baking powder and raisins and mix together well.
- Add the milk and mix into a loose dough. Turn onto a floured
board and knead until smooth (about 10 times). Roll out; cut the dough in half, then into quarters and
then into eighths. Place on a lightly floured baking sheet, then brush the top of each scone with milk
and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- When done, transfer to a wire rack to cool.