- 4 large or 6 small eggs
- 600 ml milk
- 4 ounces fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 pinch chopped thyme
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or scallions
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Beat the eggs lightly, then add the milk, breadcrumbs, herbs
and seasonings, and mix well.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in a pan until foaming, then
pour in the mixture and cook over a low flame until it is brown underneath and just set on top. Put under the grill to
- Serve cut into wedges with a knob of butter on each portion.
Yield: 4 servings