Da Brats Pasta Salad
Chef Joe Flamm levels up the Chicago pride in this savory Bratsgiving pasta salad. Packed with Johnsonville Cheddar Brats, penne pasta, and Chicago-style hot giardiniera, you'll get a taste of some classic Windy City flavors.
- 1 pound penne pasta, cooked and cooled
- 1 package any flavor Johnsonville Hot and Spicy Brats, grilled, cooled and sliced into thin rounds
- 4 ounces hot giardiniera peppers with oil (store-bought jar or make your own)
- 1 cup provolone cheese, diced into small chunks
- 20 ounces mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- Cook pasta; drain and cool.
- Grill brats, slice into thin rounds, and let cool.
- Once the pasta is cooled, toss the sliced brat rounds, giardniera peppers, provolone cheese, mayonnaise and oregano until they are evenly mixed.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve chilled.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: