Gazpacho Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces medium-size shaped pasta, such as pipette or cavatappi
- 3 tablespoons
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 medium size cloves garlic, finely
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced
tomatoes with jalapeno chiles
- 1 large sweet green pepper, cored, seeded and cut
into 1/2-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium size ribs celery, cut into 1/2-inch
pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 seedless cucumber, peeled, quartered lengthwise and
sliced crosswise into 1/2-inch thick pieces (about 1 1/4 cups)
- Chopped fresh
- Cook pasta in large, deep pot of lightly salted water until al dente, firm yet
tender, following package directions. Drain; rinse with cold water; drain.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, garlic, paprika and salt.
- Add tomatoes
with their juice, green pepper, celery and cucumber; toss to mix.
- Add pasta; toss
- Garnish with parsley, if desired.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered,
30 minutes to chill.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutrient value per serving: 143 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated), 3 g protein,
17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 479 mg sodium, 0 mg cholesterol
Source: Family Circle - April 15, 2003