Mozzarella and Fontina Panzanella Salad
A delicious salad showcasing the colors of Christmas.
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons non-pareil capers, undrained
- 2 small garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 loaf artisan-style or French bread baguette, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (about 6-8 ounces)
- 1 small English cucumber, quartered (1/2-inch thick)
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3 ounces BelGioioso Fontina cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 ounces BelGioioso Fresh Mozzarella cheese pearls, drained
- 1/2 medium red onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- Balsamic Vinaigrette: Whisk the balsamic vinegar, capers, garlic and salt in
small bowl. Slowly whisk in olive oil. Season with pepper to taste. Set aside.
- Panzanella Salad: Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place bread cubes on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until dry
and lightly golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Combine the cucumber, tomatoes, fontina, mozzarella and onion in a large salad bowl. Top with
bread cubes and basil. Drizzle with reserved dressing; gently toss to coat.
Active Time: 30 Min: Servings: 10-12
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Vegetable Salad Recipes