Avocado Ranch Burgers with Smoked Cheddar
- 1 (1-ounce) packet ranch dip mix
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/3 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded smoked cheddar cheese
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- 1 ripe, Fresh Hass Avocado, seeded, peeled and mashed *
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
- 8 tomato slices
* Large avocados are recommended for this recipe. A large avocado averages about
8 ounces. If using smaller or larger size avocados, adjust the quantity accordingly.
- Place 1/4 of the dry ranch mix in a small bowl; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the remaining ranch mix, ground beef, onion
and barbecue sauce; mix well.
- Form into 4 large flat patties and grill over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes
per side or until cooked through.
- Top each with about 3 tablespoons shredded cheese while still warm.
- Grill bread slices until lightly toasted.
- Add mashed avocado to remaining dry ranch mix and mix well.
- To assemble, top each bread slice with a lettuce leaf, 2 tomato slices and
a burger patty.
- Add a heaping spoonful of seasoned avocado.
Prep: 25 min | Yield: 4 sandwiches
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Hass Avocado Board
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.