Barbecue Chipotle Burgers
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1/2 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices frozen Texas Toast
- 2 spears pickled okra, sliced
- To prepare barbecue sauce, combine beer, brown sugar, ketchup, chipotle
peppers and Worcestershire sauce in saucepan; bring to a boil. Simmer 8 to 10
minutes until sauce is thickened; set aside.
- Lightly shape Ground Beef into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill,
covered, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally
into center registers 160 degrees F, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare Texas Toast according to package directions.
- Cut each piece of toast in half.
- For each sandwich, spread 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce over one toast half.
- Top with burger, another tablespoon sauce and okra slices.
- Close sandwich.
Total Recipe Time: 25 to 30 min | Makes 4 servings
Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Color is not a
reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
Fresh Texas toast, buttered, may be used instead of frozen product.
Dill pickle chips or pickled jalapeño peppers may be substituted for pickled
Nutrition information per serving: 352 calories; 15 g fat (5 g saturated
fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 75 mg cholesterol; 410 mg sodium; 27 g carbohydrate;
2.3 g fiber; 26 g protein; 5.0 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 2.1 mcg vitamin B12;
3.4 mg iron; 18.4 mcg selenium; 5.5 mg zinc; 72.3 mg choline
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, zinc, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin
B12 and selenium, and a good source of iron.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sandwich Recipes