Barbecue Chipotle Burgers
- 1 pound Ground Beef (93% lean or leaner)
- 1/2 cup beer
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 4 slices frozen Texas Toast
- 2 spears pickled okra, sliced
Fresh Texas toast, buttered, may be used instead of frozen product.
Dill pickle chips or pickled jalapeño peppers may be substituted for pickled
- To prepare barbecue sauce, combine beer, brown sugar, ketchup, chipotle
peppers and Worcestershire sauce in saucepan; bring to a boil. Simmer 8 to 10 minutes until sauce is thickened; set aside.
- Lightly shape Ground Beef into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, covered, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160 degrees F, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, prepare Texas Toast according to package directions.
- Cut each piece of toast in half.
- For each sandwich, spread 1 tablespoon barbecue sauce over one toast half.
- Top with burger, another tablespoon sauce and okra slices.
- Close sandwich.
Total Recipe Time: 25 to 30 min | Makes 4 servings
Cooking times are for fresh or thoroughly thawed ground beef. Color is not a
reliable indicator of ground beef doneness.
Nutrition information per serving: 352 calories; 15 g fat (5 g saturated
fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 75 mg cholesterol; 410 mg sodium; 27 g carbohydrate;
2.3 g fiber; 26 g protein; 5.0 mg niacin; 0.4 mg vitamin B6; 2.1 mcg vitamin B12;
3.4 mg iron; 18.4 mcg selenium; 5.5 mg zinc; 72.3 mg choline
This recipe is an excellent source of protein, zinc, niacin, vitamin B6, vitamin
B12 and selenium, and a good source of iron.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Beef Checkoff
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.