Blue Cheese Hamburgers with Barbecue
Sauce and Sautéed Mushrooms
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- Salt and pepper to season
- 8 onion rolls, cut in half
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons minced onions
- 4 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup beer
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Hamburgers: In a large bowl combine the ground beef, cumin, paprika, pepper,
chili powder, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Gently form into 16 (3 ounce) patties about 1/2 inch thick.
- Use a spoon to make an indentation in the center of 8 of the patties.
- Place 1/2 ounce blue cheese in the indentation and cover with another patty.
- Gently form into burgers.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Just before grilling, lightly season with salt and pepper, then coat with barbecue sauce.
- Grill the burgers over a medium fire until done to your taste: 5 minutes per side for rare, 6-7 for medium, 9-10 for well done.
- Remove burgers from grill and brush with more barbecue sauce.
- Toast the rolls and serve the burgers topped with the Sautéed Mushrooms.
- Barbeque Sauce: Heat all ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
Bring to a boil then lower the heat and let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat and remove the crushed garlic cloves.
- Sautéed Mushrooms: Heat the butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high
- Add onions and shallots and cook until they are tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and sauté until the moisture
- Add beer, salt and pepper to taste. The beer will evaporate.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.