Blue Cheese Hamburgers with Barbecue
Sauce and Sautéed Mushrooms
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt Pinch cayenne pepper
- 4 ounces blue cheese
- Salt and pepper to season
- 8 onion rolls, cut in half
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons minced onions
- 4 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup beer
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Hamburgers: In a large bowl combine the ground beef, cumin, paprika, pepper,
chili powder, salt and cayenne pepper.
- Gently form into 16 (3 ounce) patties about 1/2 inch thick.
- Use a spoon to make an indentation in the center of 8 of the patties.
- Place 1/2 ounce blue cheese in the indentation and cover with another patty.
- Gently form into burgers.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Just before grilling, lightly season with salt and pepper, then coat with
- Grill the burgers over a medium fire until done to your taste: 5 minutes
per side for rare, 6-7 for medium, 9-10 for well done.
- Remove burgers from grill and brush with more barbecue sauce.
- Toast the rolls and serve the burgers topped with the Sautéed Mushrooms.
- Barbeque Sauce: Heat all ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
Bring to a boil then lower the heat and let simmer for 30 minutes, stirring
- Remove from heat and remove the crushed garlic cloves.
- Sautéed Mushrooms: Heat the butter in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high
- Add onions and shallots and cook until they are tender, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper and sauté until the moisture
- Add beer, salt and pepper to taste. The beer will evaporate.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Sandwich Recipes