- 1/4 cup Heinz 57 Sauce
- 1/4 cup beer
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large sweet onion, 1/2 inch slices
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 crusty white or whole wheat rolls, split
- In 1 cup glass measure, combine ingredients. Microwave on HIGH for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes until bubbly; set aside.
- Shape ground beef into four 3/4 inch thick patties.
- Place onion slices on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill onions, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Add patties; continue to grill, uncovered, for 1 to 15 minutes or until onions are tender and burger centers are no longer pink, turning occasionally.
- Season burgers with salt after turning, if desired.
- Approximately 2 minutes before burgers are done, brush generously with sauce mixture; top with cheese.
- Line bottom half of each roll with lettuce.
- Top each with burger, grilled onion and sauce.
- Close sandwiches.