Chipotle Burgers with Spicy Onions
These tasty burgers will have everyone's taste buds singing!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons
Mrs. Dash® Southwest Chipotle Seasoning Blend, divided
- 1 pound extra lean ground
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 egg whites, or egg substitute equivalent
to 1 egg
- 4 toasted hamburger buns
- Sliced tomatoes, optional
- Lettuce, optional
- Heat oil in large non-stick skillet, add onion and cook until golden and tender,
about 10 minutes.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon seasoning blend, mix thoroughly and remove from heat.
- Gently mix ground beef, 1 tablespoon seasoning blend, cilantro, and egg whites
or egg substitute. Mix well, and shape into 4 burgers.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat and grill burgers for 8 to 10 minutes, turning
- Toast buns and top with burger and spicy onions.
- Garnish with tomato and lettuce, if desired.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Reprinted with permission from