Couzan Billy Burger
Well I did get to testing a new burger a while back...just haven't posted it yet. It is fairly unique and combines some tastes you may not think work. Give it a try...
- Cut thick slices of red onion...about 1/2 inch for you onion lovers...thinner for the rest of us!
- Grill these over low heat and apply your favorite BBQ sauce to both sides. Be careful not to burn and over cook. Set these aside and cover loosely with foil.
- Then prepare your burger as you normally would and toast your buns.
- Place the onion slice on the bottom bun and then the burger and top with your favorite bleu cheese dressing. This topping can be homemade very easily. Here are a couple of ideas...
- Mix bleu cheese with butter. Just enough butter to prevent the cheese from crumbling.
- Mix bleu cheese with Mayo or sour cream, add some salt and pepper and a few drops of Tabasco sauce. I mix mine with Miracle Whip and Tabasco...again just enough to prevent the cheese from crumbling. I do this in my little hand processor.
Posted by BBQ Guru at Recipe Goldmine May 29, 2001.