- 1 pound ground beef (80% to 85% lean)
- 4 slices red onion, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into quarters
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup garlic-herb cheese spread
- 4 round French sandwich rolls, split, toasted
- Lightly shape ground beef into four 1/2-inch thick patties.
- Place patties in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange onion
and bell pepper around patties.
- Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to
9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers
160 degrees F, turning occasionally.
- Grill vegetables 13 to 16 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Cut bell pepper into 1/2-inch strips.
- Spread 1 tablespoon cheese on bottom of each bun; top with burger, another 1
tablespoon cheese, onion slice and 1/4 of bell pepper.
- Close sandwiches.
Total Time: 25 min | Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Cattlemen's Beef Board and National Cattlemen's Beef Association
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.