Yield: 4 servings
- 1 pound ground beef (80% to 85% lean)
- 4 slices red onion, cut 1/2 inch thick
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into quarters
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup garlic-herb cheese spread
- 4 round French sandwich rolls, split, toasted
- Lightly shape ground beef into four 1/2 inch thick patties.
- Place patties in center of grid over medium, ash-covered coals; arrange onion and bell pepper around patties.
- Grill, covered, 8 to 10 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 7 to 9 minutes) until instant-read thermometer inserted horizontally into center registers 160 degrees F, turning occasionally.
- Grill vegetables 13 to 16 minutes or until crisp-tender, turning occasionally.
- Season with salt and pepper, as desired.
- Cut bell pepper into 1/2 inch strips.
- Spread 1 tablespoon cheese on bottom of each bun; top with burger, another 1 tablespoon cheese, onion slice and 1/4 of bell pepper.
- Close sandwiches.