Green Chile Burgers
A burger that will make you say ole!
- 4 fully cooked burger patties
- 1/2 small sweet onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (4 ounce) can whole green chiles, drained
- 4 slices Monterey jack or pepper
- 4 Kaiser rolls or hamburger buns
- Salsa picante
- Heat burgers in microwave according to package directions.
- Cut onion into 1/4-inch thick slices.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Grill onions about 2 minutes on each side, until soft and golden.
- Meanwhile, split green chiles and lay flat over top of burger.
- Lay 1 slice cheese over each; return to microwave briefly to melt cheese.
- Heat buns in microwave or oven until warm.
- Spread salsa on buns.
- Place burger patties on buns and top with grilled onions.
Recipe and photo credit: Texas Beef Council.