Grilled Portobello Burgers with Pesto Mayo
Pesto Mayo adds delightful flavor dimension to these grilled portobello mushrooms. Slices of provolone cheese and red onions may be added along with the roasted red peppers to give extra flavor and color to these wonderfully delicious burgers.
Prep: 10 min | Cook: 10 min | Yield: 6 servings
- 1 (7 ounce) container BUITONI Refrigerated All Natural Pesto with Basil
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 6 large portobello mushroom caps, stems trimmed or removed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 6 whole-wheat rolls, split open
- 6 slices provolone cheese (optional)
- Thinly sliced red onions
- Roasted red peppers
- 2 cups arugula leaves
- Combine pesto and mayonnaise in medium bowl; stir well.
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Brush both sides of Portobello mushrooms with oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Grill on both sides for about 4 minutes.
- Remove from grill and keep warm.
- Toast cut sides of rolls on grill just until light golden; remove.
- Spread bottoms of each roll with about 2 tablespoons pesto mayo.
- Top with mushroom, cheese slice, red onion, roasted red pepper and small handful of arugula.
- Top with top of roll.