Homestyle Ham and Cheese Pockets
- 12 puff pastry squares (5 x 5 inches each)
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced ham
- 6 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 pound Wisconsin Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon water, and additional water, as needed
- 1 egg
- Gherkins, for serving
- Carrot sticks, for garnish
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lay the puff pastry squares out on a lightly floured surface.
- Place 2 ounces of ham on half of the squares, leaving a 1/4-inch border
all the way around.
- Spread 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard evenly over the ham, and top with 2 ounces
- Lightly brush the border of each square with water.
- Place the remaining square evenly on top of the cheese.
- With the prongs of a fork, seal the pastry all the way around.
- Combine the egg with the water, beat well.
- With a pastry brush, baste all of the squares with the egg wash, and prick
the tops with a fork.
- Place the squares on a parchment-lined sheet pan (12 pockets per sheet pan)
and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown and puffy.
- Serve the pockets immediately with gherkins; garnish with carrot sticks.
Any type of meat can replace the ham.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.