This was a specialty of the now-closed Pittman House Restaurant in Dallas, Texas.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup minced scallions
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely-ground black pepper
- 18 slices toasted whole-wheat bread
- Leaf lettuce
- 12 ounces crabmeat, picked over well to remove any shells
- Tomato slices
- 12 slices slab bacon, cut in half, cooked crisp and drained
- 2 avocados, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, scallion and brandy, mixing well.
- For each sandwich, spread three pieces of bread with a portion of the mayonnaise
mixture. Cover the first slice of bread with lettuce leaves, 2 ounces of crabmeat,
and one or two tomato slices. Add the second slice of bread, and top with the four
half-slices of bacon, a layer of avocado slices, another tomato slice or two, and
more lettuce. Cover with the third slice of bread, secure the sandwich with wooden
picks, if you like, and slice it in half.
- Serve the sandwiches immediately.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.