Avocado Bacon Sandwiches
- 1/4 pound bacon slices, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 large slices whole wheat bread
- Lemon twist and parsley sprig, to garnish
- Fry bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Peel avocado, taking care not to remove bright green flesh just inside the skin.
Cut in half and remove seed. In a bowl, mash avocado, then stir in lemon juice,
salt and pepper.
- Butter two slices of bread. Spread avocado mixture on buttered sides of 2 bread
slices. Scatter bacon over avocado. Cover with remaining bread slices, buttered
sides down, and press together.
- Cut off bread crusts. Cut each sandwich into 4 triangles. Arrange on a serving
plate, garnished with a lemon twist and parsley sprig.