Avocado Bacon Sandwiches
- 1/4 pound bacon slices, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 large slices whole wheat bread
- Lemon twist and parsley sprig, to garnish
- Fry bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels.
- Peel avocado, taking care not to remove bright green flesh just inside the skin.
Cut in half and remove seed. In a bowl, mash avocado, then stir in lemon juice,
salt and pepper.
- Butter two slices of bread. Spread avocado mixture on buttered sides of 2 bread
slices. Scatter bacon over avocado. Cover with remaining bread slices, buttered
sides down, and press together.
- Cut off bread crusts. Cut each sandwich into 4 triangles. Arrange on a serving
plate, garnished with a lemon twist and parsley sprig.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.